UFC Busan Tips – SOUTH KOREA [Archive of Members Tips posted 19th December]
Frankie Edgar VS Korean Zombie – UFC Busan Tips
Zombie to win at 1.62 with BetOnline – 5 units
- Zombie is 6 years Edgar’s junior and he’ll have the added advantage of fighting in his home country of South Korea. Edgar has given himself a week to acclimate but fighting in a new timezone is not easy, even with a week to prepare.
- We have to remember that Frankie is 38 and is now taking his 32nd professional MMA. In terms of fight age. He’s coming to the end
- No other fighter in the history of the UFC has more time inside the Octagon than Frankie and it’s starting to show.
- Zombie will have a 4” reach advantage over Edgar for this fight and he’s also the busier striker with 4.25 significant strikes landed per minute compared to Edgar’s 3.6
- If this fight stays at range and Frankie doesn’t have success with his chain wrestling he should get picked apart for 5 rounds and possibly even finished. Zombie is definitely the harder hitting of the two
- Zombie has excellent TDD (takedown defence) and hasn’t been put on his back since his title fight with Jose Aldo back in 2013. Overall throughout his UFC career he has a 75% TDD (take down defence)
Rakic v Oezdemir – UFC Busan Tips
Oezdemir to win at 2.29 with Betfair Exchange – 4 units
- “No Time” is a huge step up for Rakic in my opinion. “No time” has only lost to top tier guys like DC, Dom Reyes, and Anthony Smith
- We need to also remember that the loss to Dom Reyes was highly contentious. Many had Oezdemir winning that fight including myself.
- In his last fight, we saw a phenomenal performance from the Swiss fighter. He KO’d a very dangerous Latifi while absorbing only 18 total strikes
- Rakic is extremely vulnerable defending strikes despite his stats showing otherwise. Davin Clark who isn’t even a Top 50 fighter at LHW dropped and almost finished Rakic in the first round of his last fight.
- The experience will go a long way here. Oezdemir has been the headline fight on a number of occasions already while this is Rakic’s first main/co-main event
- This will also be Rakic’s toughest fight to date. Jimi Manuwa who he KO’d last time out is a ghost of his former self so that doesn’t elevate his stock one bit for me.
Barcelos v Nurmagomedov – UFC Busan Tips
Nurmagomedov @ 2.1 SkyBet- 3 units
- Barcelos is an excellent grappler but I think he’s going to be at a huge disadvantage for this fight.
- Nurmagomedov (no relation to Khabib) is an excellent striker and is already 2-0 in the UFC
- Presuming Nurmagomedov sticks to keeping this fight at distance he will pick Barcelos apart and win an easy decision. Either that or hurt him enough to finish the fight
- Nurmagomedov has only fought twice in the UFC but is already showing an incredible output. His significant strike differential of +2.74, he’s also never been taken down.
- Barcelos will present more of a challenge in that department than his other fights but I still believe the Dagestani will keep this at a distance while landing a ton of low calf and body strikes
- He’ll also bring a small reach advantage into this fight which should aid his distance management