Switzerland v Ireland Tips
Switzerland v Ireland Tips:
Ireland +1.5 Asian Handicap at 1.52 with Unibet – 3 units
- Switzerland’s recent performances do not warrant this 1.5 price tag in my opinion.
- Ireland are poor going forward but they can keep this match ugly and try and snatch a win or a draw as they did in Dublin
- Switzerland will once again be without their best creative talent in Xherdan Shaqiri
- Against Denmark, the Swiss struggled massively to create anything worthwhile.
- 0.44xG was generated in total with the best chance coming in the form of a volley inside the area. Apart from that, they were quite poor
- In Dublin, the Swiss got off 13 attempts on goal but the combined xG was low again (0.58) indicating a problem creating clear cut goal scoring opportunities
- To put their chance creation into perspective, Belarus, Macedonia, Finland, and Albania have similar xG numbers.
- Ireland are yet to lose a single game and are more than aware that a draw here is a great result
- 19-year-old Aaron Connolly of Brighton & Hove Albion could be handed his first start in attack with McGoldrick out injured. That injury could be a blessing in disguise, Connolly has pace and power and great potential.
- Switzerland’s main issue will be their attacking threat. Seferovic has barely had a sniff on goal in his last 3 outings (0.21xG) while Embolo has just one goal in his last 12 appearances for the national team.
- Since 1994 only one team has beaten Ireland by 2 or more goals ( qualification group games only) that was Germany
Verdict: I believe this is a good spot for Ireland who can definitely frustrate the Swiss and take something frott he game. It wouldn’t be the first time they overperform when their backs are up against the wall either.