Premier League Betting Preview – Man City v Arsenal
With the defeat to Newcastle mid-week Pep Guardiola’s Man City are now 2.8 (35.7%) to win the league. If they’re to have any chance of keeping pace with Liverpool they will need to take all three points from this encounter.
Unai Emery’s Arsenal have been poor away from the Emirates for the last two Months so they will have to up their game significantly to take something from this game.
Let’s take a look at the key metrics heading into this clash.
- Man City are W11 D0 L1 at home this season with an average of 3.3 Goals scored per game.
- When facing Top 6 sides at home (last 10) City are W6 D3 L1 with 2.2 goals scored per game.
- Man City have also scored 2+ goals in 18 of their last 19 home games in all competitions.
- On the
roadthis season Arsenal areW4 D3 L4 with 2.2 scored and 2.2 conceded per game.
- When we look at Arsenal away from home against Top 6 opposition things look a lot bleaker. In their last 10, they are W0 D1 L9 with 0.8 scored per game and 2.4 conceded per game.
- Overall Arsenal’s defence currently ranks 9th for xGA (expected goals against) and goals conceded.
Alsowe can’t forget that this Man City side is the most prolific in Europe in terms of creating chances and scoring. Only PSG come close to their numbers and as we know Ligue 1 is nowhere near as competitive as the Premier League.
- In 2018 these sides met three times with Man City winning all three encounters ‘To Nil’ outscoring the Gunners 8-0 over the three games.
- Furthermore, Unai Emery has gone up against Pep Guardiola 11 times as a manager and failed to win a single match.
Man City: Ederson, Danilo, Laporte, Stones, Walker, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero, Sterling
Arsenal: Leno, Kolasinac, Koscielny, Mustafi, Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey, Aubameyang, Lacazette.
Verdict: Man City’s home form is simply blistering and they’ve been consistent with it, expect a ton of chances to fall their way once again as they stroll to victory.
If you would like access to all of Bookie Insiders content you can register here for full access