Nigeria v Cameroon Tips. We’ve examined the R16 tie between Nigeria and Cameroon to find the best value bets available for today’s encounter. Read on to see where the value lies in this one.
Cameroon – Nigeria v Cameroon Tips
- Cameroon may have a celebrity Managerial pairing with Seedorf and Kluivert but their football has not been attractive to watch and the lack of a creative presence in midfield is clear.
- The Indomitable Lions only scored in their group game with Guinea-Bissau. In that match, Guinea-Bissau gave Cameroon all the space in the world to work with and still it took them until the 66th minute to break the deadlock
- In their matches with Ghana and Benin, they generated an uninspiring average of 0.57xG in each. They also only managed only 4 attempts on target over 180+ mins.
- Looking at their last 7 matches under Seedorf is pretty grim too. In those matches, they’ve only found the net in two. Those came against weak opposition in Guinea-Bissau and Comoros, both of which rank well outside the Top 100 FIFA rankings.
Nigeria – Nigeria v Cameroon Tips
- Unlike Cameroon, Nigeria have not had issues finding the net recently
- If we ignore their match with Madagascar (heavy rotation), the Super Eagles have scored in 8 of their last 9 competitive matches
- In that game with Madagascar, they were missing their starting GK Akpeyi, CB Kenneth Omeruo, CM Ndidi, and AM Iwobi
- Akpeyi (GK) in particular has been impressive keeping clean sheets in his last 5. With Omeruo at CB Nigeria have also kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches
- Another boost for Nigeria is that their first choice RB Shehu who is reportedly fit and ready.
- Finally, these two met in World Cup qualification back in 2017. Nigeria won 4-0 in their home match and then drew 1-1 in Cameroon.
Nigeria, in my opinion, have a stronger defense, a more creative midfield, and better finishers. Expect them to rise to the occassion and see of the reigning Champions
- Nigeria to score at 1.53 – 2.5 units
- Nigeria to win at 2.8 with Unibet – 1 unit