Premier League Betting Preview – Man City v Chelsea
Manchester City host Chelsea at the Etihad today as the Blues will be looking for revenge after losing 2-0 to Sarri’s side back in December.
City however have bounced back since then and will be aiming for all three points here as they attempt to draw level on points with Liverpool who moved back into first place yesterday.
- As we talked about last week, Man City’s numbers at home are the best in Europe
- In their 13 home games in the EPL this season Man City have won 12 and have averaged 3.3 goals scored per game
- If we go back further and look at their last 20 home games in the EPL we see 17 wins from 20 and an average of 3.1 goals per game.
- When hosting Top 6 sides these numbers drop slightly with 6 wins from their last 10 and an average of 2.3 goals scored per game.
- Chelsea in contrast have recorded only one win in their last 10 road games against teams situated in the Top 6 while conceding 1.7 goals per game
- Chelsea are also struggling to keep clean sheets on the road. In their last 9 road games in all competitions they have kept only one clean sheets (Crystal Palace)
- Sarri and Guardiola have gone head to head 4 times with the Spaniard winning 3 of those meetings
Team News: Both teams will be close to full strength with Man City’s Kompany and Mendy being the only significant absentees.
Man City probable XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Laporte, Silva, Fernandinho, de Bruyne, Sane, Aguero, Sterling.
Chelsea probable XI: Kepa, Alonso, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpi, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Willian, Higuain, Hazard
If you would like access to all of Bookie Insiders content you can register here for full access