Lazio v Juventus – Tips
- Juve haven’t been on top of their game this season but they do tend to raise their game when needed and against better opposition.
- If we just look at their last 10 matches against teams in the “Top 6”. We can see they have won 7 of their last 10 with 15 scored and only 8 conceded. With 2.3 points per game taken from these matches, they’re by far the best in the league when traveling to top 6 opposition
- The same cannot be said for Lazio, especially in the Stadio Olimpico. In their last 10 home matches against top 6 teams, they are W2 D3 L5 with 12 scored and 15 conceded
- Lazio have played just one of the traditional “Big 3” this season that came away to Inter. (1-0 loss)
- Last season they lost 5 of their 6 matches against the Big 3 (Napoli, Juve, Inter)
- Sarri has an excellent record over Inzaghi. He’s never lost a game to the current Lazio manager (Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 0)
- Juve have failed to win just two away games in the league this season. However only one of these matches was a poor performance in my opinion (v Fiorentina)
- As for team news, both teams are pretty much full strength, Wojciech will make his return to GK after Buffon’s dreadful game last weekend. That’s the only change I can foresee.
Verdict: Even with their dip in form I make Juventus a 2.1 favourite for this match so the odds appeal a lot. I also don’t see them keeping a clean sheet so we’ll be playing the BTTS with small stakes.
Juventus to win at 2.48 with Pinnacle – 1.5 units
Juve to win and BTTS at 4.6 with William Hill – 0.5 units