El Clasico Betting Preview
Real Madrid will welcome Barcelona to the Bernabeu on Wednesday night for the second leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final, with the tie level at 1-1 from the first leg at Camp Nou.
At the time of writing the odds ‘To Qualify’ for the final are
- Barcelona 1.71 (58.5% chance)
- Real Madrid 2.27 (44.1% chance)
Barcelona will need to score at least once if they hope to qualify for the final having conceded an away goal in the Camp Nou.
Below I will outline some of the key metrics for both teams so we can determine the best value bets for the match.
- Barcelona have been very strong away from home this season. In La Liga, they are averaging 2.25 points per game and are scoring at a rate of 2.2 goals per game.
- 75% of their road games in La Liga since November have seen Barca scored 2+ goals
- In their two previous Copa del Rey away games (Levante & Sevilla) Barca rested key players and lost both. They should be close to full strength for this game with Arthur Melo being the only noticeable absentee.
- Barcelona have scored 3+ goals in their last three visits to the
Santiago Bernabéu .
- Real Madrid
arehaving a poor season by their standards, they’re 9 points adrift of Barcelona in the league and are having serious problems in defence.
- Real Madrid rank 11th for expected goals against this season (xGA) meaning they are giving their opponent’s too many good goalscoring chances for a team of their stature.
- Also In terms of goals allowed they rank 9th in La Liga.
- Real Madrid like Barcelona will be close to full-strength for this El Clasico with the only weakened position being at GK. Keylor Navas is the cup GK and will come in for Courtois.
- When looking at League data for how these clubs perform against Top 6 opposition we can see that Barca has the edge with their last 10 reading W7 D3 L0 with 26 scored and 11 conceded
Real Madrid possible XI: Keylor, Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Regulion, Kroos, Casemiro, Modric, Vinicius, Benzema, Lucas V.
Barcelona possible XI: ter Stegen, Alba, Pique, Lenglet, Roberto, Rakitic, Busquets, Vidal, Dembele, Suarez, Messi.
There are two bets we like for this game which I discuss in the video above.
- Barcelona Over 1.5 team goals @ 1.92 with Pinnacle
- Lionel Messi to score @ 1.98 with Unibet
Barca need to chase this game as they’re technically losing on away goals, expect an open game with plenty of chances at both ends of the field.
If you would like access to all of Bookie Insiders content you can register here for full access
Follow the Bookie Insiders team on twitter