Sevilla v Barcelona
- The big news in this game is that Messi and Sergio Busquets will not feature in this game, both have been given the night off to rest
- Additionally, Samuel Umtiti, Rafinha and Dembele are injured and won’t play a part either.
- Some of you may remember Messi was left out of the last 16 game against Levante and they lost 2-1 that night unable to create anything going forward
- Sevilla are unbeaten in 13 of their last 15 against the Sanchez Pizjuan and will surely fancy their chances against this 2nd string Barca side that will presumably take the 2nd leg at the Camp Nou a lot more seriously (Like they did v Levante)
- Although this isn’t a La Liga game it’s worth noting how well Barca have been performing of late when travelling to teams in the Top 6 (Sevilla 4th). In their last 10 such games, they’ve won only 4 times while drawing 6
- Sevilla are unbeaten in 8 of their last 10 against Top 6 teams at home
Predicted XI Barca: Cillessen; Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba; Vidal, Rakitic, Arthur; Malcom, L. Suarez, Coutinho.
Predicted XI Sevilla: Soriano; Mercado, Kjaer, Gomez; Navas, Sarabia, Banega, Vazquez, Escudero; Ben Yedder, Andre Silva.
Verdict: Considering Barca will be fielding a considerably weaker XI than usual we’re happy to fade them here against a Sevilla team that should prove difficult to beat
Sevilla +0.5 Asian Handicap (To win or Draw) at 1.58 with Pinnacle Sports
If you like to see more of our Bets and analysis you can register for our Football subscription here. We generally release analysis and Football Tips on a daily basis