Champions League Tips – Spurs v Dortmund
Tottenham Hotspur who squeezed through a very tough Group phase will host Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund tonight. We take a look at the key metrics below and the best value bet for the match.
- Borussia Dortmund will be without Marco Reus and Paco Alacer which should blunt their attack significantly for this trip to London.
- At the weekend BVB threw away a 3-0 lead against Hoffenheim to draw 3-3 and previous to that they were knocked out of the DFB Pokal at home by Werder Bremen (3-3 lost on penalties)
haveonly won 4 of their last 13 away games in the Champions League.
- Only one of those wins came against a team from a “Top 5” league. That was Monaco in this years group phase.
- As we all know now, considering Monaco’s troubles this season, there is nothing impressive about BVB getting a 2-0 win on the road there.
- Spurs home form has been excellent since about November with 10 wins from 12 in all competitions.
- During this recent run, they have been scoring on average 1.92 goals at Wembley.
- In Spurs group phase they faced a far sterner test than BVB having to face Barcelona, Inter Milan, and Eredivisie league leaders PSV.
- In their home game, however, they gave a good account of themselves going forward with 5 goals scored and an xG total of 4.83.
- Dortmund have kept only 1 clean sheet in their last 10 in all competitions.
- Dortmund have conceded 2+ goals in all of their last 8 trips to teams from Top 5 leagues. (I’m excluding these years Monaco side for obvious reasons)
- Finally, it’s worth noting that Dortmund have had to play a total of 319 mins over the last 11 days while Spurs have only had to play 191 mins over the same period.
Spurs probable XI: Hugo Lloris, Toby Alderweireld, Davinson Sanchez, Jan Vertonghen, Kieran Trippier, Eric Dier, Harry Winks, Danny Rose, Lucas Moura,Christian Eriksen, Son Heung-min
Dortmund probable XI: Roman Bürki, Achraf Hakimi, Ömer Toprak, Abdou Diall, Marcel Schmelzer, Thomas Delaney, Axel Witsel, Raphaël Guerreiro, Maximilian Philipp, Jadon Sancho, Mario Götze
If you would like access to all of Bookie Insiders content you can register here for full access
Follow the Bookie Insiders team on twitter