Liverpool v Bayern Munich
For Bayern, they will be without Thomas Muller who is suspended, Ribery who didn’t travel with the squad and Jerome Boateng who has recently became ill. None of these players weaken Bayern significantly though.
The Reds are having their best domestic season since 1998. In Europe they have been flawless with home wins over PSG, Napoli, and Red Star Belgrade.
- Liverpool have the best defence in England with the lowest amount of goals conceded (15) and the lowest xGA (expected goals against)
- Liverpool have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 12 home games in all competitions
- Liverpool have never lost a European home game under Jurgen Klopp, their record in European competition reads W12 D3 L0 with 41 scored and 11 conceded.
What is most worrying for the Germans
In the Champions League Bayern were handed a favorable group with AEK Athens and Benfica offering no resistance. In their two “tough” group matches (Ajax) they failed to win either and conceded a total of 4 times
As we mentioned in a tweet earlier today, Bayern’s away form in the Champions League against teams from ‘Top 5’ leagues is pretty awful with their only wins since 2014 coming against Sevilla and Arsenal.
Considering this is the weakest Bayern side we’ve seen in over a decade history may not be on their side.
arestruggling away from home in the Bundesliga against the top sides, In their last 10 road games against Top 6 opponents, they have lost 5 and conceded 16 times.
- In their last three away
gamesthey conceded a total of 7 despite fielding strong XI’s
- Manuel Neuer is having one of his worst seasons in a Bayern Munich jersey with only 9 clean sheets from 26 games so far this season
- Bayern haven’t kept a clean sheet since before Xmas (6 matches ago)
- Only two of Bayern’s last 11 away games have had cleans sheets (Hannover & Frankfurt)
Liverpool at Anfield on Champions League night’s is something to behold and I truly believe they will rise to the occasion for the first leg and expose Bayern Munich’s flaws.
Mohamed Salah to score at 2.2 with Betway – 1 unit
Liverpool -1.5 Asian Handicap at 3.85 with Unibet – 1 unit
If you would like access to all of Bookie Insiders content you can register here for full access
Follow the Bookie Insiders team on twitter