Bundesliga Top Goalscorer Tips
Bundesliga Top Goalscorer Tips: Robert Lewandowski claimed his 4th Top Goalscorer award last season. However his tally of just 22 was his lowest since joining the Bavarian side. Below we will look at three value options from the current market.
The Market – Bundesliga Top Goalscorer Tips
Robert Lewandowski is a huge favourite here at 1.67 and it’s easy to see why he’s been priced that short. Bayern tend to score the most goals in the Bundesliga and the Pole tends to start almost every game at CF. I however don’t feel this is a value bet and here’s why
- Lewandowski seems to be in decline, I don’t know if this is because he’s aging or that Niko Kovac’s tactics don’t suit his playing style
- Lewandowski doesn’t have the same chemistry he has with Coman/Gnabry as he had with Ribery and Robben
- Bayern clearly are not the same superpower they once were and that was proven last season when they were uncompetitive in Europe and were pushed until the final day in the Bundesliga race
Value Options – Bundesliga Top Goalscorer Tips
There are two teams that I think will be very high scoring next season, they are RB Leizpig and Bayer Leverkusen.
Julian Nagelsman who managed Hoffenheim over the last few seasons is now in charge of Leipzig. Considering what he managed to do at Hoffenheim with such an average group of players was simply outstanding. With a more talented roster here I’m expecting his sides goal scoring exploits to continue for that reason we’ll play
Timo Werner @ 9.00
- Werner has averaged 16.6 goals per Bundesliga season with RB Leipzig.
- Mix in the Nagelsmann factor and I think he gets close to or above 25 this season
- He is the dedicated penalty taker for RB Leipzig and in a league with VAR that’s beneficial.
- Werner had the 3rd highest xG for a player in the Bundesliga last season. Only Kramaric and Lewandowski were better
Next is Bayer Leverkusen who are another exciting attacking team. Leverkusen are managed by the former Ajax and Dortmund Coach Petr Bosz.
Under Bosz last season we sew Bayer average 2.5 goals per game.
I think this season will be no different. With that in mind we’ll play two Leverkusen players who shpuld be among the goals
Kai Havertz @ 34.00 & Kevin Volland @ 34.00
- Despite being just 20 and an attacking midfielder, Havertz finished with 17 league goals just 5 behind Lewandowski
- Havertz will take penalties for Leverkusen and as we mentioned above that’s a big deal in leagues with VAR
- Havertz will continue to improve. He’s also vying for a big move to one of the giants of European football so he’ll want a good season behind him.
- As for Volland, He actually had higher xG numbers than Havertz and will be an important part of Bosz’s offense next season.
- Volland has back to back 14 goal seasons. With the style of play under Bosz the chance for this number to jump to at least 20 is very possible.
Although Lewandowski is a worthy favourite, I think his current odds are too short. I also don’t see any other value options from the Bayern side.
As for Dortmund, they will be high scoring again this season but they have a large squad and their goals will be spread out across Reus/Sancho/Alacer/Hazard/Gotze/Brandt.
For that reason we’ll settle on these three selections for the upcoming season. Best of luck if you decide to follow.
- Timo Werner (RB Leipzig) @ 10.00 with Bet365 – 2u
- Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen) @ 34.00 with William Hill – 0.25u (EW)
- Kevin Volland (Bayer Leverkusen) @ 41.00 with Bet Victor – 0.25u (EW)