Bundesliga Betting Tips – Top 6 finish
At the time of writing, Werder Bremen are sitting in 11th but are only two points off 6th placed Hoffenheim. With results going their way this weekend against relegation-threatened Nurnberg they could shoot up the table.
Werder Bremen’s season statistics so far this season.
- Werder Bremen rank 6th for expected goals (xG) with a total of 31.49 generated so far this season. With 31 goals scored they’re neither under no over performing this number.
- Their numbers for ‘Touches in the box’ are also encouraging. They rank 6th in the league for this metric too, which is generally a good mark for how many goals a team will score.
- In terms of attempts on goal, they rank 3rd in the league only behind Bayern and Hoffenheim with 13.57 attempts per game.
- Defensively Bremen rank 6th for expected goals against (
xGA( with a total of 25.81. This is better than a number of teams ahead of them in the league including Borussia Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Mainz and Frankfurt
- The winter break probably came at the right time for Bremen as they were struggling prior to it with only one win in nine.
- However, since then they have put in two encouraging performances against Hannover (1-0) and Frankfurt (2-2).
- In both
gamesthey generated a massive amount of chances and were the dominant team.
In what order does the Bundesliga end?
I think it’s pretty obvious at this stage that 1st and 2nd place will be contested between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. Outside of that title race RB Leipzig and Borussia Monchengladbach will contest the Champions League spots for 3rd and 4th.
Then from 5th placed Frankfurt to 11th placed Werder Bremen we have 7 teams separated by a maximum of 5 points. 5th & 6th place will be very close in my opinion and we don’t believe Werder Bremen should be priced this big, as their key metrics above show they’re around about the 6th best team in Germany at the moment.
They also don’t have European commitments like a number of teams above them in the league.
If you would like access to all of Bookie Insiders content you can register here for full access