Brazil v Argentina Tips: Brazil and Argentina will face off in the Copa America Semi-Finals this evening at the Mineirão in Belo Horizonte
Tournament so far
- Despite drawing 0-0 twice in the Copa America thus far, they have been the best side in almost every category.
- Brazil lead the tournament for xG with 9.79 (Argentina 6.85) They lead the tournament for Goals with 8 (Argentina (5)
- The Seleção also lead the tournament for expected goals against (xGA) with 0.94 (Argentina 2.14)
- They lead the tournament for possession with 68.8% (Argentina 52.3%)
Key Points – Brazil v Argentina Tips
- The last time these two met on Brazilian soil was in the 2016 World Cup Qualifiers, Brazil ran out comfortable 3-0 winners that day.
- Unlike Argentina’s games against Qatar (2-0) and Venezuela (2-0), they won’t be the ones dictating the pace of the game and the weakest part of their squad (defense) will be tested for a full 90 mins.
- Brazil has had only one weakness in this tournament and that has been their finishing ability. For Argentina, their concerns are much bigger with the problems they have at FB and in the GK position.
- Argentina have failed to win their last 4 competitive games against teams in the FIFA Top 20 (0-0 vs Uruguay, 3-0 vs Croatia, 4-3 vs France, and 2-0 vs Colombia)
- Away from Buenos Aires they’ve only kept 3 clean sheets in their last 15 competitive games (Qatar, Venezuela, and Uruguay) so I’ll be shocked if Brazil fail to score once again.
Notwithstanding their recent frustrations in front of goal. We have to recognize that they’re still bullying opponents. Expect a routine win with Argentina crumbling as soon as they fall behind.
Recommended Bets – Brazil v Argentina Tips
- Brazil to win at 1.87 with Pinnacle – 2.5 units
- Brazil -1.5 Asian Handicap at 3.7 with Unibet – 1.5 units
- 0-0 Correct score @ 8.00 with Unibet – 0.5 units (hedge)