ATP Tennis Tips
ATP Tennis Tips: Querrey v Rublev
Rublev to win @ 1.72 with Pinnacle – 2 units
- As we mentioned in the last Querrey write-up. I believe the slower courts in Adelaide coupled with blistering heat doesn’t do Querrey any favours.
- In his last match against Grégoire Barrère, we opposed him as a heavy favourite and it came right down to the wire so I feel with the clear talent gap he’ll struggle even more here
- Rublev holds serve almost at a similar clip to Rublev but the Russian breaks serve 26.2% compared to Querrey’s 16.5%
- Windy conditions are forecast that could also throw off Querrey’s serve oriented game (“Winds SSW at 25 to 40 km/h. Winds could occasionally gust over 65 km/h.”)
- The one time these two met on HC, Rublev won in straight sets (7-6, 7-6)
- Rublev is 29-13 on HC over the last 12 months while Querrey is 7-9 for the same time period
- When priced as a favourite on HC, Rublev is 22-7
- The Russian is also 14-5 against big servers over the last 12 months
- Lastly, Rublev looked incredible in Doha last week and didn’t even drop a set. Unless we’re guessing about his fitness level this is a clear bet for me.
Final word: Expect Querrey’s limited return game to be the difference here