African Cup of Nations Tips | The African Cup of Nations is almost upon us and we have one bet ready to go. Read on for more.
African Cup of Nations Tips – Outright Market
- In terms of squad value, Senegal possesses the highest value squad in the tournament. World class talents like Sadio Mane (Liverpool), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli) Keita Baldé (Inter) Ismaïla Sarr (Rennes) and Idrissa Gueye (Everton) should mean that the Lions of Teranga stand out as one of the clear contenders this year
- Having picked up 4 points at last years World Cup, Senegal were the most successful African team at last years tournament and were unlucky not to qualify for the KO rounds.
- Under current coach Aliou Cissé Senegal have lost just one competitive match (inside 90 mins) since September 2016 – That was a 1-0 loss to Colombia at last years World Cup. For those of you that remember, that was an extremely tight game (xG 0.32-0.47) that easily could have ended 0-0
Form and strengths
- In 2017 Senegal were eliminated on penalties by the eventual winners Cameroon. Senegal dominated that game for large portions of the game.
- In qualification, Senegal were almost impeccable winning 4 of their 5 games ‘To Nil’
- Being drawn in a group with both Tanzania and Kenya almost guarantees Senegal safe passage to the knockout rounds. Both rank outside the FIFA Top 100 and should offer no resistance.
- At last years World Cup Senegal had one major weakness in their squad, that was at the GK position. This time around they have two GK’s who have played at a higher level. Gomis (SPAL) and Mendy (Reims) both started the majority of games for their clubs this season and should be a big step up in quality from Khadim N’Diaye
There are no holes in this Senegal team, they have the experience, talent, and a manager that can lead them to glory. In my opinion, this price represents great value
Be sure to follow all of our bets from the AFCON 2019 as well as our Copa America with a subscription to our Football service. Register HERE
Follow me on TwitterFollow @NeilMac555